- jmtorres posts about her Bechdel-Test-passing vid show from Vividcon. Links to numerous fanvids about women relating to each other.
- Sarah Allen, who teaches Ruby on Rails to women, posts about Test Driven Teaching
- Stargate: Universe responds to the furore over the disabled-lesbian-bodyswap thing.
- Irene Alder guest blogs about Girl books vs boy books, and how painting in such broad strokes leads to some pretty ridiculous conclusions.
- JAOO Aarhus (a European software development conference) is offering free single-day entry for women to encourage a more even gender representation at the event. Google is also offering two grants for women to attend.
- Via the Feminist SF blog: If you’re a publisher or author or just in the know, let them know about recently published or upcoming SF/F/H fiction by women and they’ll post a monthly roundup.
- Newsflash: there are more men than women speaking about tech is the latest in the ongoing discussion of the issue.
- GF blogger Terri over on her other blog: Why DON’T we teach computer science earlier?
Sarah Mei and I both teach Ruby on Rails to women, but it was me (Sarah Allen) who posted about Test Driven Teaching. I’m teaching a class next week in SF for all genders :)
Thanks for including my post in your link roundup!
Sorry, that was awful of me! *fixes quickly*