- Karen Healey reviews Sarah Kuhn’s One Con Glory, a feminist geek girl novella featuring con hijinks including “delightful drunkenness, morning-after amnesia, Guitar Hero, Dance Dance Revolution, the beginnings of dealing with some inner demons, and me doubled up on the couch cackling to myself.”
- TEDxVancouver gives an unfortunately fairly typical non-explanation explanation about why its speaker slate is almost entirely white and male. The comment stream rewards perusal.
- Klondike Bar game advertising presents stunningly insulting stereotypes of men as well as women.
- Rupa DasGupta’s MFA thesis is using gaze-tracking technology to inventory the male gaze and its effects.
- A researcher and his daughter explore how both men and women contribute to sexist treatment of women.
- (trigger warning) Which men are rapists? It’s far from easy to tell.
- Ten things you should never say to a gamer girl.
- Kate Harding writes that some of the pay gap is explained by women’s choice of university major… and that some majors are changing in pay because of their popularity with women.
If you have links of interest, please share them in comments here, or if youâ€™re a delicious user, tag them â€œgeekfeminismâ€ to bring them to our attention. Thanks to everyone who suggested links in comments and on delicious.