- Gaming Made Me: Fallout 2 | Rock, Paper, Shotgun: “a stark personal tale of how videogame fantasy can inspire interest, provoke thought, and ultimately change how we see the world.”
- Uni gives birth to scholarships for pregnant PhD candidates | The Sydney Morning Herald: “the University of NSW has introduced a scholarship for pregnant PhD candidates.”
- Hacking My Vagina | scanlime: A super detailed post on the author’s process of hacking the remote control for her vibrator, including Arduino programming, 3D printing and more!
- Revenge of the Nerds: White Male Geeks Hack Sexism, Racism | Jezebel: “The organizers of Brit Ruby 2013 were challenged to do better by almost HALF of the github commenters, including one of their own white male speakers, and by many more around the web”
- So you want to put on a diverse, inclusive conference | ashe dryden: Lots of details, videos, and links to more resources.
- Museum of Dungeons & Dragons | indiegogo: “There’s a fundraising project at indiegogo for a D&D museum. I thought that was worth publicizing here in an effort to ensure that women gamers are visible in the project from the ground up.”
- Judge orders sex harassment plaintiffs to produce Facebook passwords | ars technica: “Sort of relevant to geekdom, since it involves social networking, and definitely something that will interest feminists”
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on delicious or pinboard.in or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.