- Discovering a community through cryptology: Elonka Dunin | Wikimedia blog (March 27): Profile of Elonka Dunin. “Over the years, her cryptology skills developed so much that some conventions have banned her from competition. When an Atlanta hacker conference released a code challenge a few years ago, the instructions included this note: ‘Note: Past code crackers are ineligible for prizes associated with solving the @LANta.con2 puzzle; give someone else a chance, Elonka’’!”
- Ellen Pao Disrupts How Silicon Valley Does Business | NYTimes (March 27): “It’s my sincere hope that because Kleiner is so well known, they’ll see that this problem is not at the corner. It’s at the heartbeat.”
- Trigger Warnings | Dime Store Riot (March 23): “We want a nation of young people who are considerate of the pain and suffering of others. We want a nation of young people who are active and engaged with the institutions that affect them. We want a nation of young people who can make informed decisions for their own wellbeing. Or at least I do.”
- A Q&A with N.K. Jemisin | The Heroine’s Journey (March 27): “LC Brown sits down with SFF author N.K. Jemisin to pick her brain about writing and world-building”
- Your Brief And Wondrous Guide To Contemporary Queer Comics | Huffington Post (March 25): “Behold, 18 queer comic artists you should know right here, right now.”
- 19 Comic Characters Who Embody Women’s Liberation | Ad Astra Comix (March 23): “Here are 19 female comic book characters that you need to know about, whether you prefer your heroines fist-swinging, biographical, or of whimsical fantasy. All have earned our respect and adoration!”
We link to a variety of sources, some of which are personal blogs. If you visit other sites linked herein, we ask that you respect the commenting policy and individual culture of those sites.
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on Pinboard, Delicious or Diigo; or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.