- Sam Maggs urges girls to geek out sans apology | q | CBC Radio (May 13): “The Mary Sue editor and writer joins Shad to share her rallying cry to fellow nerd girls and explain why she felt a woman-centric primer — covering everything from online harassment to obscure terminology — was badly needed.”
- Reporting, Reviewing, And Responding To Harassment on Twitter: Infographic | WAM! (May 13): See also – the summary (with links to the full report) Twitter’s Abuse Problem: Now With Actual Solutions And Science
- 4 More Ways to #DiversifyAgentCarter | Eleventh Stack (May 13): “Here are four more character concepts that would be historically accurate if they appeared in Agent Carter.”
- The naked hypocrisy of Game Of Thrones’ nudity | Boing Boing (May 12): “The HBO series wants to have it both ways when it comes to respecting and objectifying women”
- Why this woman dropped out of Temple’s computer science program | Technical.ly Philly (May 12): “Becca Refford felt like Temple’s curriculum wasn’t hands-on enough. She also felt that her academic advisor was too quick to suggest a different, less-technical major.”
We link to a variety of sources, some of which are personal blogs. If you visit other sites linked herein, we ask that you respect the commenting policy and individual culture of those sites.
You can suggest links for future linkspams in comments here, or by using the “geekfeminism” tag on Pinboard, or Diigo; or the “#geekfeminism” tag on Twitter. Please note that we tend to stick to publishing recent links (from the last month or so).
Thanks to everyone who suggested links.